Back to School Information
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year! Below you will find important information for the start of the year.
- Grade level School Supply List
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students.
- If your child will be walking to school, they will enter through Door 4 (see map).
- If your child will be Kiss N Ride, follow the flow of traffic (see map).
- Using an index card create a name tag for your child(ren). On the card include your child's full name, the teacher's name, and the name your child likes to be called at school. The completed card should be placed inside of the backpack. (Do not place identifiable information on the outside of the backpack).
- Each week your child will bring home a Tuesday folder. The folder will contain weekly updates about school news, and events. Stay connected by checking the folder each week.
- Have you signed up for our News You Choose? Stay updated with what's happening at Glen Forest Elementary School with News You Choose.
- Don't forget to Join our PTO
For technology support for students and parents visit the FCPS Technology Support page
- The Digital Resource Consent form list the digital tools that are used at your child's school that require parental/guardian approval, not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure they align with the FCPS Learning Model. FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
SIS Parent Account
The SIS Parent Account (otherwise known as “ParentVUE”) is a secure portal for parents to view information about student schedules, demographics, attendance, current class performance, and grade reports. ParentVue contains access to weCare—an online tool to keep emergency and health care information current. Before school begins parents should log in to weCare to review and update the emergency care information we have in our system for each of your children.
- Login page for SIS Parent Account: SIS Parentvue
- Additional information about weCare: https://www.fcps.edu/node/30943
Schoology is the learning management system that will be used division-wide in the 2022- 2023 school year. It is a learning space that supports instructional practices aligned to FCPS’ learning model and helps students reach the Portrait of a Graduate goals.
Parents use their Student Information System (SIS) Parent account to log in to Schoology.
- What is Schoology
- Welcome to Schoology Parents and Guardians
- Student Account Overview
- Schoology Help and Support
- FCPSOn provides equitable access to meaningful learning experiences and technology that supports student learning needs both at school and at home.
- Please review the Student Device Responsible Use Guidelines with your student.
- Copies of the Student Device Responsible Use Guidelines will be available in your child's Tuesday folder. The form must be signed by a parent or guardian before devices are distributed.
How to Opt-out of the FCPS Issued Device
- FCPS supports family choice, and respects parents who wish to have their student use a personal, or BYOD, device for learning instead of an FCPS student device. Parents should simply follow the instructions on the BYOD Guidelines page to ensure their BYOD device meets FCPS parameters and follows FCPS processes.
Screen Activity Report
- Parents/guardians can submit a request for a weekly email report with a summary of their child's FCPS device internet activity. Before submitting a request parents/guardians will need the enrolling parent email address on-file in our Student Information System (SIS), as well as the Student ID for their child.
- To request access visit FCPS Lightspeed Parent Request page