Welcome to Glen Forest Elementary! Your future begins here!
- Our mission is to foster life-long learners. Within a safe and caring community, we collaborate, differentiate, motivate, and communicate so all achieve their greatest potential. We believe all students will learn through active and authentic teaching that respects and develops their rich and diverse strengths. We believe a safe and nurturing environment will provide the structure and support to motivate our students as life-long learners and model citizens.
- Glen Forest has a culturally diverse student population from 53 countries who speak 39 different languages. Our diversity is a rich resource that provides many opportunities for students, families, staff, and the community to learn together. We honor diversity, enhance creativity, and develop higher-level thinking through literacy, numeracy, technology and the arts. We develop the whole child, creating a future of responsible, contributing citizens for a better world.
Our Instructional Program
- We follow the Fairfax County Public Schools Program of Studies and the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) curriculum. Our instructional program is challenging with an emphasis on language arts, mathematics, and technology. The language arts program utilizes a balanced literacy program that stresses the development of expressive language, fluency, comprehension, and writing skills. Glen Forest teachers set high expectations for all students in all subject areas. Students participate in physical education, music, library, art and STEM. Orchestra is available for fourth and fifth grade students and Band is available for fifth graders.
Our Commitment to Inclusion
- As a Title I school, Glen Forest embraces an inclusive philosophy. We use a co-teaching model to support students in their general education classroom. As a result, our teachers communicate and collaborate on a regular basis to meet the needs of all students. Enrichment is provided to all students through our STEM Lab and the Young Scholars program. Advanced Academic Learners are served through school-based classrooms in grades three, four, and five.
Our Commitment to Technology
- Building technology skills for the future is a high priority at Glen Forest. We support this goal through our computer labs, mobile laptop carts, participation in Google Classroom, MyOn, Dreambox, Wixie and the use of Smartboards (interactive whiteboards). Students are challenged to use technology beginning with our Head Start program through fifth grade. Their instruction includes training and integration of various software applications.
Our Commitment to Our Families and Community
- Connecting with families and the community enhances the academic achievement of all students. In addition to an active PTO, the Glen Forest Parent Center serves as a hub for parents to support school activities and programs, as well as, providing them with the opportunity to make connections within their own community. Educational opportunities are offered through monthly Parent Coffees, computer classes for adults, Partners in Print, Curriculum Nights, and International Night. These activities and programs build community spirit and celebrate our cultural diversity.
Glen Forest Staff
FCPS School Profile
2021-2022 ESSER III/School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year.
Title I Program
As a Title I school, Glen Forest Elementary School receives government funds for academic instruction.
What's for Breakfast Today?
What's for Lunch Today?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.